British Triathlon has announced its 2018 domestic racing calendar, with the event reaching the ITU World Triathlon Leeds 2018 on 9 June. The races which offer elite level competition opportunities for youth, junior and senior triathletes will take place across the coming 12 months.
The season will kick off for both elite duathletes and paraduathletes at the British Elite Duathlon and Paraduathlon Championships, to be held for the second consecutive year at the Bedford Autodrome Duathlon on Sunday 25 March.
Fast-forward to June and Britain’s senior triathlon talent will have two opportunities to take the stage, starting with the Blenheim Triathlon on Sunday 3 June. Three weeks later the action continues with the British Elite Triathlon Championships at Cardiff Triathlon on Sunday 24 June. Saturday 28 July will witness the British Paratriathlon Championships at Dorney Lake, where Britain’s top paratriathlon talent will go head-to-head for a sought-after podium spot. Entries for this event will be opening in the coming weeks.
For elite Youth and Junior triathletes, the British Triathlon Youth and Junior Super Series returns in 2018 with six opportunities to bring together the best young triathletes from across the UK to race head-to-head at some of the most exciting venues in the country. Like the seniors, racing begins with the British Duathlon Championships at Bedford Autodrome in March.
Jumping to Saturday 12 May, the Series heads to Wales for the Sospan Sprint Triathlon Llanelli. Four weeks later the ITU World Triathlon Leeds marks the half way point in the Series with the Youth and Junior races taking place on Saturday 9 June. Next, athletes will head to the tried and tested Eton Dorney venue for the SuperTri Children’s, Youth & Junior Open Water Triathlon on Saturday 7 July.
In quick succession, the series travels to Hetton Lyons on Saturday 21 July before reaching a crescendo at the British Triathlon Under 20’s Festival on Saturday 15 September at Mallory Park, with the overall series winners being crowned.
All senior elite triathlon and duathlon races will be entry via application only. To apply to race in any of the senior elite races, click here. Senior elite paratriathlon and paraduathlon races can be entered here.
Senior elite competition dates
1. British Elite Duathlon Championships, Bedford Autodrome, 25 March
2. British Elite Paraduathlon Championships, Bedford Autodrome, 25 March
3. Blenheim Triathlon, 3 June
4. British Elite Triathlon Championships, Cardiff, 24 June
5. British Elite Paratriathlon Championships, Dorney Lake, 28 July
British Triathlon Youth & Junior Super Series
1. Bedford Autodrome Duathlon, Bedford Autodrome, 25 March.
2. Sospan Sprint Triathlon, Llanelli, 12 May
3. ITU World Triathlon Leeds, Roundhay Park, Leeds, 9 June
4. SuperTri Children’s, Youth & Junior Open Water Triathlon, Eton Dorney, 7 July
5. Hatton Lyons Weekend, Hetton Lyons, 21 July
6. British Triathlon U20’s Festival, Mallory Park, 15 September
Additional Youth & Junior Racing Opportunities
1. Blenheim Triathlon, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, 3 June.
2. Cardiff Triathlon, Cardiff, 24 June
3. London Triathlon, Excel Centre, London, 5 August.